- OppLoans is a socially responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $100M+ in AUMs.
- Recent accolades include being named one of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for nationally by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
- Manage bankruptcy portfolio and update consumer accounts as necessary with the proper status and case disposition.
- Draft and file proof of claims with the appropriate Federal Bankruptcy Court.
- Assist attorney(s) with referring accounts to outside law firms for collections and work with the Business Operations team to create the appropriate KPI metrics.
- Ensure all consumer payments received from outside collection law firms are properly applied and tracked.
- Investigate consumer complaints to determine their validity and appropriately respond to said complaints
- Support Legal and Compliance teams during regulatory examinations and audits.
- Record Leadership and Board meeting minutes for corporate compliance.
- Support attorney(s) in all aspects of litigation and manage invoices from outside counsel.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Paralegal certification
- 5-7 years of work experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Must have demonstrated quantifiable, high-impact achievements in previous roles.
- Chicago candidates preferred
- Experience in the FinTech or lending industry a plus.
- All-around “athlete” who is intellectually curious, highly analytical, and purposefully strategic.
- Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and get things done. Not afraid to roll up sleeves and lead by example.
- Ability to tackle ambiguous and complicated problems and create rigorous solution methodologies.
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset with high intent on delivering impactful eventualities.
- Resourceful, tactful, and motivational influencer who collaborates actively to get things done.
- Organized, meticulous, and detail-obsessed individual.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially in conveying legal findings with key stakeholders.
Read Full Job Description