NFS - Paralegal
Making a difference in people’s lives is the core value behind our efforts and the guiding principle that connects our team of 600 National Flood Services (NFS) colleagues across the nation as we help rebuild lives devastated by floods. Today, NFS services more than 1.9 million flood insurance policies and $ 1.5 billion in flood insurance premium annually for our clients. We embrace innovation and quality, consistently delivering solutions that provide viable options for property owners, covering a broad range of needs in a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing organization.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding priorities of the Legal and Compliance department, including long- and short-term goals, and building a strategy with general counsel on how to manage various priorities
- Reviewing commercial contracts and managing drafts of various agreements, legal memoranda and coordinating negotiations discussions.
- Working closely with the general counsel to review and negotiate terms on customer contracts for insurance policy administration and insurance agency operations
- Working closely with HR department to provide assistance with labor law issues
- Conducting legal research and implementing program to ensure regulatory compliance with insurance and data privacy laws
- Managing litigation files and litigation billing and invoicing, both for general litigation and insurance claims litigation matters
- Managing various corporate governance matters, including drafting resolutions and certificates and ensuring regulatory and licensing filings are completed
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree along with 5+ years of relevant experience; preference for experienced paralegals and candidates with JD degrees
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple, diverse legal issues through all levels of an organization
- Ability to anticipate approaching company needs by having strong organizational pulse and feedback loop
- Proficient at effectively managing workload to meet deadlines, while delivering high-quality work
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment, and the ability to act independently
- Ability to comfortably dive into any area of the business, understand its legal and compliance needs, and facilitate legal decisions based on changing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel and basic Adobe