Legal Counsel - US
Showpad is changing the game when it comes to sales enablement. We connect personalities and cultures across oceans to create something extraordinary
In the morning we drink San Francisco cold brew coffee with a side of Portland doughnuts. English scones for afternoon tea. In the evening we toast success with Belgian tripel Westmalle to a Chicago house tune.
We seek a thoughtful attorney with an affinity for contract & commercial law, data protection, and intellectual property. The ideal candidate is very customer oriented with the personal qualities required to support our fast growing business.
This position is based in our Chicago office and report to the Lead Counsel - Americas. Your focus will be on the US but you will also have worldwide exposure, especially EMEA.
- Support our commercial and sales teams across the US in drafting and negotiating SaaS deals and related agreements (MSA, SLA, NDA, and so forth). More broadly, you help control legal risk arising out of contractual and business relationships.
- Guide, assist, and advise our internal teams (e.g. sales, procurement, finance, information security, people) on a variety of matters (e.g. contracting, regulatory, data protection, intellectual property, risk assessment).
- Provide legal advice, perform due diligence, update and maintain templates, and support ad hoc legal projects.
- Law degree from an accredited law school.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, in a law firm or in the legal department of an international technology company. Solid business understanding of SaaS (Software as a Service), commercial & partnership models, international contracting standards, data protection law, intellectual property law.
- Strong negotiation skills and executive communication is required.
- Strong can-do attitude and a true team player.
What you can expect from Showpad
Focus on Impact and Growth
We are building the future in sales and marketing by creating a great buying experience. As an international scale-up we aim for yearly double digit growth that opens many opportunities. We want people who thrive in a fast-paced and performance-driven company, who are not afraid to stretch themselves in a fun environment and focus on impact and growth.