Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies of 2018 and one of Chicago’s fastest growing and most exciting tech startups, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a quickly growing team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its earliest days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded, we have an awesome team, a fun product & a great product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), access to resources of a top tech incubator, and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the role:
We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive and experienced Legal Assistant to ensure the smooth running of the office and effective matter management who is flexible and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal and administrative services to Cameo’s in-house attorney and outside counsel.
- Identify and implement a Legal IS system
- Input, track and maintain all contracts, licenses, agreements, leases, intellectual property registration and maintenance requirements
- Provide administrative support to in-house attorney
- Follow internal procedures for Legal support of the business and research relevant information to facilitate effective matter management
- Type, revise, review and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Coordinate with outside counsel
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- 7+ years of experience working as a legal assistant
- 3+ years of experience working at a law firm
- 2+ years of experience working at a startup
- Experience in researching, selecting and implementing a Legal IS system
- Excellent proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and all aspects of MSFT 365 Office
- Ability to use both a PC and a Mac
- A high level of familiarity with social media, specifically Instagram, Twitter and FB
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Familiarity with legal procedures and protocols
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure with very short deadlines
- Legal Assistant certification or diploma
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.