Legal Assistant - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 400+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,700,000 unique products.
This role will provide legal support to the General Council as well as administrative support to Senior
Director of Human Resources and Manager of Administration. This role will report directly to the
Manager of Administration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules meetings, conference rooms and makes travel arrangements as needed. This includes overseeing the executive's calendar and scheduling appointments by balancing priorities and effectively negotiating with internal resources. Anticipate and prepare materials needed by executive for meetings and telephone calls.
- Proactively identifies and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, reports, and presentations for the General Council.
- Budget support and legal invoice management.
- Professionally interacts with high level executives.
- Uses and understands G Suite and other business-specific software, including Corporate Travel website and other programs.
- Follows Company established procedures and policies.
- Submits expense reports on time.
- Consistently handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Provides backup front desk coverage when needed.
- Plans special events and off-site meetings as requested.
- Creates and maintains administrative materials such as organizational charts, seating charts, etc…
- Participates as needed in special projects.
- Potential for additional paralegal-level responsibilities based on experience and willingness to learn.
- Detail-Oriented, Accountable, and Enjoy Multitasking. You pride yourself on delivering quality work, ensuring that all documentation is prepared in an accurate and professional manner. You are organized and able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently-even if they're tight. Above all, you are flexible and able to adjust to the changing priorities of the business.
- An Excellent Communicator. You know how to organize your communication in order to effectively get your message across and be understood.
- Trustworthy and Discerning. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
- Reliable. Because you consistently follow through on meeting your deliverables, your co-workers and business partners are confident that they can count on you.
- Technologically Savvy. You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel), G Suite, and also enjoy learning new tools and technology.
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least 1 year of previous office experience, preferably in a corporate legal department.
- Previous Project Management experience a plus.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran stat