**Please Note: this role is open for GIA, the Immigration Law Firm that we exclusively partner with, not at Envoy**
Global Immigration Associates, P.C. is an independent employment immigration law firm based in Chicago. GIA has a rapidly expanding team of 50+ highly skilled attorneys and paralegals and we have continued to grow over the past 20 years. We serve over 1,000 clients, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies.
We’re also at the cutting edge of using immigration technology, and work exclusively with the customers of Envoy Global (www.envoyglobal.com), using its best-in-breed technology platform to help better serve our clients.
At GIA, we strive to empower our staff, attorneys and paralegals alike, to own and manage their case work with the support they need. We foster a culture where paralegals get the respect they deserve for the hard work they provide to an immigration firm.
We believe that by creating a laid-back culture with the right people, anything is possible, and we want to ensure that you, the employee, will enjoy coming to work each day. On top of that, dress code is generally casual and wearing your headphones is not looked down upon!
As a GIA Paralegal, You Will:
- Prepare immigrant and non-immigrant visa cases for major corporations and individuals on Envoy’s patented, online platform which includes duties, including but not limited to:
- Review and proofread complex evidence and documents for client cases
- Track, monitor, and log evidence and documents for client cases
- Create, compile, and prepare documentation for case filings
- Finalize government-ready case filings for final attorney review
- Draft and edit client Letters of Support for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Proactively research new legislation and legal changes in immigration law
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines for client cases
- Perform administrative and clerical duties, as necessary
- Experience with employment-based immigration, preferably in a large law firm environment
- Paralegal Certification or degree from accredited college or university is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English grammar must be excellent
- Highly organized and detail oriented with ability to effectively multi-task
- Strong client service skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, and document/case management systems
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for extended period at a computer workstation, use a computer and a monitor, and lift to 25 lbs
So, What About Benefits?
- Extremely competitive salary and benefits plan including robust medical coverage, and FREE employee dental & vision coverage
- 15 days of Paid Time Off during first year of employment in addition to 9 paid holidays per year
- 401 K plan with firm match and immediate vesting
- Pre-tax benefits for qualifying transportation
- Company sponsored lunches, happy hours, and events throughout the year
- Healthy snacks & unlimited LaCroix & coffee
- Convenient downtown Chicago Office Location
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Global Immigration Associates, P.C., is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected classification.