Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is seeking an Employment Attorney with litigation experience in our Chicago office. In this role you will assist with litigation oversight and also handle employment matters in-house. Also, as part of our legal team you will also assist with transactional work and other counseling. The ideal candidate is a business-minded employment attorney who understands business objectives and helps balance legal risks under tight deadlines. This person is also a creative problem-solver, a self-starter with a great attitude and a team player who is collaborative and yet comfortable making decisions.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Advising management and Human Resources on day-to-day employee relations matters including recruiting, hiring, employee discipline, performance management, terminations and restructurings
- Monitoring labor, employment and benefits law developments and recommending changes to Company policies to management
- Providing training to management and Human Resources on employment law topics and other employment law compliance activities
- Managing responses to any government charges (such as DOL, EEOC, etc.) and related investigations
- Managing labor relations matters and coordinating with Human Resources and outside counsel
You Should Have
- JD degree with strong academic credentials
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience at a major law firm or in-house legal department with experience in state employment laws and Federal laws
- Working experience with applicable state and federal employment laws;bonus points for experience with classification
- Member in good standing of the Illinois state bar
- Excellent business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while also thinking strategically and providing practical advice
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication, analytical and writing skills
- Must be a team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability and desire to work autonomously
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.