Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to create and enhance their digital credit offerings. Built by lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years—with a suite of proven product modules for credit decisioning, fraud prevention, account verifications, servicing engines and CRM solutions. Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk consulting & analytics. Amount clients include financial institutions collectively managing close to $1T in US assets and servicing more than 25 million US customers. Visit www.amount.com for more information.
Let’s get to business. Amount is looking for an attorney to join the Amount Legal Team in
Chicago. Our new in-house attorney will be assisting in negotiating vendor contracts with critical fraud and verification vendors of Amount, creating organizational documents, policies and procedures and other corporate governance documents for Amount, and providing support to other members of the Amount Legal Team in negotiating and documenting Amount’s large, commercial technology transactions. Our new in-house attorney will report directly to Amount’s VP of Legal.
You’ll get the best of both worlds here at Amount: you’ll have the in-house counsel lifestyle, but will have the opportunity to work on developing and standing up a corporate governance framework from the ground up and also work on exciting, cutting-edge vendor agreements and commercial transactions.
What you do at Amount:
- Working closely with the VP of Legal to establish a corporate governance framework
- from the ground up, including drafting organizational documents and all policies and
- procedures for Amount
- Serving as lead attorney in handling all vendor contracts at Amount
- Providing support on large commercial technology transactions with Amount bank
- Providing legal advice and support to other business teams and functions with respect to
- such vendor contracts and technology transactions
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with all vendor contracts
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Membership in a State Bar
- 3-5 years of law firm and/or in-house experience
- Law firm experience drafting, negotiating and executing corporate transactions
- Experience negotiating fraud vendor agreements
- Experience negotiating technology/software services agreements
- Membership in Illinois State Bar
- Business oriented approach to finding unique and cost-effective solutions to legal issues
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Strong document drafting skills
- Collaborative nature
- Ability to work under pressure for a fast-paced growth-stage company
Why Amount is a fit for you:
At Amount, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.