Echo’s legal department is looking to add an attorney who is motivated and deadline-driven to join its three person team. The legal group advises on all risks facing the company and interfaces with all levels of management. Ideal candidates should have wide-ranging experience, with particular experience leading or managing litigation and counseling on employment issues. Candidate should have excellent analytical, writing and communications skills and the energy, drive and desire to work in a role that requires prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited law school and in good standing with the Illinois bar
- 4-7 years of legal experience
- Transportation experience preferred
- Background in litigation, preference for breach of contract, employment and restrictive covenant matters
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented and possess superior written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks in a short time frame
- Must be self-motivated to meet deadlines
- Law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Assist in managing litigation and employment matters
- Advise on cargo claims, assist in resolving cargo disputes and oversee cargo claim litigation
- Manage continuous improvement projects, including updating contract templates and streamlining processes
- Negotiate, draft and review transportation contracts and commercial contracts
- Communicate with management on risks and challenges facing the company and provide practical solutions
- Advise management on existing transportation regulations and train management on upcoming changes in transportation laws
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.