Reports to: Senior Associate General Counsel - Transactions
What you’ll be doing:
As Corporate Counsel, you will join our well-established legal team that supports Enova’s lending and diverse product offerings with a focus on ongoing transactional matters in the US, UK and Brazil. You must be nimble and professional to provide timely, pragmatic and business-savvy responses to stakeholders.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of vendor, partner and other business agreements, including contracts for services, non disclosure agreements, license agreements, and professional service agreements.
- Advise and educate business partners about various legal issues affecting business transactions, especially those pertaining to intellectual property, privacy, data security, limitations of liability and indemnification obligations as well as those specific to the consumer and small business financial services industries.
- Contribute to post-transaction management of vendor and partnership relationships.
- Advise business partners regarding the handling of disputes arising from contractual relationship.
- Assist the vendor management team in guiding business partners through the diligence and contracting process.
- Review and update current contractual templates and assist in the drafting of new agreement templates, as needed.
- Assist in other transactional matters (strategic partnerships, M&A, etc.), as needed.
- Assist in corporate governance matters, including updating and maintaining minute books and corporate records (board consents, LLC agreements, etc.).
- Liaise with regulatory and compliance counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage outside counsel on various corporate and transactional matters, as necessary to accomplish legal and compliance objectives.
What you should have:
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school and admittance in good standing with at least one state bar.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel.
- The ability to analyze state, federal, and international law and provide detailed recommendations to business partners.
- The capability to analyze problems and craft a solutions-oriented approach.
- The ability to engage individuals and teams to ensure timely project completion.
- The capacity and flexibility to develop new areas of expertise and the confidence to quickly learn and develop independence in key practice areas.
- Interest in developing an in-depth understanding of consumer financial services and industry is a must.
- Experience working directly with business partners is a plus.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served over 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work some place awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.