Intermediate level compliance position that applies compliance, business,
analytical and communication skills to support established compliance
programs and processes that promote compliant and ethical behavior, meet
regulatory obligations and prevent, detect and mitigate compliance risks.
- With support, demonstrates the principles of an effective Compliance
program, including, but not limited to, risk assessment, auditing and
monitoring, maintaining effective compliance policies and procedures, and
effective communication and training.
- Prepares routine and moderately
complex regulatory reports, filings and follow-ups, and supports regulatory
review and audit activities.
- Manages moderately complex regulatory
interactions including drafting regulatory correspondence and responding to
routine regulatory inquiries requiring an understanding of business
processes and regulatory requirements.
- Develops standard forms and
related materials that meet regulatory and legal requirements.
communicates and maintains positive, productive relationships with internal
and external constituents.
- Provides input for decision-making and
influences ethical and compliant outcomes at appropriate levels necessary
to accomplish goals.
- Supports established compliance system and
operations, including processes for implementation of laws and regulations,
supports the Companys Privacy Office on privacy matters, monitoring of
compliance issues, and handling of moderately complex complaints.
- Identifies and assesses routine compliance issues that need resolution
using established rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Assists in the development of appropriate action plans and communications, monitors
mitigation activity and appropriately informs and escalates matters to
managers and subject matter experts.
- Conducts fact gathering and law searches on moderately complex matters and provides basic analysis.
- Responds to moderately complex requests for information within area of
responsibility from internal and external constituents.
- Other components relevant to the specific role.
- 2-4 years experience in a regulatory compliance position in healthcare, insurance or financial services or relevant work experience in a business area.
- Possessing Project Management skills is a plus.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Legal/Compliance - state/federal legislation implementation/1-3 Years
Functional - Legal/Corporate Governance/1-3 Years
Functional - Legal/Compliance - investigation/1-3 Years
Functional - Project Management/Project Manager/1-3 Years
General Business/Applying Reasoned Judgment/FOUNDATION
Leadership/Driving a Culture of Compliance/FOUNDATION
Considered only for current internal teleworkers (in any area)
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.