RXBAR: We manufacture, market, and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Commercial Counsel: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country, and with this growth comes the need for additional internal resources. The Commercial Counsel will be joining our expanding in-house legal team, reporting to Corporate Counsel. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing and fast-paced company and to help build out a new department, including managing contracts from drafting through execution and building out contract training programs.
Our ideal candidate has an interest in contract review and negotiation at all levels of complexity, process and policy management, and working closely with internal business partners to develop best practices and processes. This individual will partner closely with the business and will operate with a high level of autonomy. This person must be a self-starter, organized, able to make independent decisions with the appropriate level of buy-in, looking to be part of an exciting, fast-paced, innovative company, and hungry to grow a new brand and department.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the contract review, drafting, and negotiation process across the business, including Sales, Procurement, Supply Chain, Marketing, Software (SaaS), P&O, and Real Estate
- Counsel clients on a variety of legal issues relating to commercial contracts
- Work closely with internal business partners to identify needs and areas of risk and build out contracts processes
- Oversee implementation of contract management system and company-wide rollout of same
- Draft contract policy, train team members on the policy, and monitor internal compliance with same
- Draft and update templates across the organization
- Other legal department assignments as needed with the opportunity to grow as the business grows
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school and member in good standing of at least one state bar
- 2 or more years’ experience in a transactional role in-house or in a law firm
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills across a wide variety of contracts
- Excellent attention to detail, with strong writing and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful and able to work in a non-traditional legal environment
Total Rewards Package: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.