Business Immigration Attorney
Global Immigration Associates, P.C. is a medium-sized independent law firm based in Chicago, Illinois focusing on employment-based visas for companies, their foreign national employees and candidates, and their families. We believe that immigrants are a critical piece of the nation’s future, and we are proud to play a key role in helping our clients and their employees find paths to success in the US. We work exclusively with the customers of Envoy Global (www.envoyglobal.com) using its best-in-breed technology platform.
This role will be required to interact with co-workers at all levels of our firm, as well as with corporate clients, foreign nationals, and colleagues. At GIA, our attorneys and paralegal staff enjoy a fun, fast paced, and high-volume work environment where they can get exposure to a wide array of employment-based visa types and their work makes a difference in people’s lives.
As a GIA Immigration Attorney, You Will:
- Counsel and prepare immigrant and non-immigrant visas for major domestic and multinational corporations and their employees using a web-based client/FN portal
- Review and proofread complex evidence and case documents
- Track, monitor, and log all evidence and documents for client cases
- Create, compile, and prepare all documentation for filing
- Draft and edit client Letters of Support for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Proactively research new legislation and legal changes in immigration law
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage case deadlines for multiple clients
- Visa types we work on include H-1B, L-1A/B, TN, EB-1/2/3, H-1B1, dependent and derivative cases, advance parole and work authorizations, AOS, and all phases of the employment-based Green Card process
- JD and current valid license in any US state
- 2+ years of experience with all phases of major employment-based visa types
- Passion for immigration law and a desire to work with employers on employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant petitions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English grammar must be first-rate
- A highly organized and detail-oriented ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume law firm setting
- Ability to work on daily tasks independently, proactively, and with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe, and other business software applications
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25%) to client sites across the US
- The ability to sit or stand for extended periods at a computer workstation, use a computer and monitor, and lift up to 25 lbs.
So, What About Benefits?
- Extremely competitive salary and benefits plan including robust medical coverage, and FREE employee dental & vision coverage
- 15 days of Paid Time Off during first year of employment in addition to 9 paid holidays per year
- 401 K plan with firm match and immediate vesting
- Pre-tax benefits for qualifying transportation
- Company sponsored lunches, happy hours, and events throughout the year
- Healthy snacks & unlimited LaCroix & coffee
- Convenient downtown Chicago Office Location
- Opportunity to work for an organization that changes lives every day!
Global Immigration Associates, P.C., is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other protected classification.