What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Provide legal services and guidance to TransUnion Interactive, Inc., the consumer business unit of TransUnion, to help ensure that business practices, policies and dealings meet regulatory, contractual and business requirements, including with regard to the Fair Credit Reporting Act and Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.
- The candidate will interpret, negotiate, and draft complex contracts with our partners & help to structure business deals.
- The candidate will also be responsible for anticipating and protecting the company against legal risks, advising stakeholders on business risks, and complying with internal policies.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required and 0-3 years of experience as an attorney, preferably in a financial or regulatory environment with a strong transactional history.
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with, and relate well to, peers, staff, and management of all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advise internal clients on legal and business issues and the implications of alternative positions to enable informed business decisions.
We’d Love to See:
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas of law are recommended, but not required: FCRA, GLBA, privacy, technology, intellectual property, and partnering arrangements.
Impact You'll Make:
- Provide advice to stakeholders regarding changes in the law, contracts, or other legal issues that may involve the company’s short or long-term strategic operations.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current legislative and regulatory developments that may have an impact upon operations.
- Assist senior attorneys on various matters including those which present potential for litigation.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of pertinent developments within areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide formal and informal training for internal clients.
- This position may require occasional travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.