Digital ads drive over 100 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses every year… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, DialogTech provides data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers transparency and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
We are seeking an Associate Corporate Counsel to join DialogTech to draft, review, and negotiate a broad range of agreements, including but not limited to: complex commercial sales and vendor contracts. You will advise on contract status, legal risks, and legal liabilities associated with commercial and corporate transactions and to research and advise on a broad range of legal and privacy issues. You'll act as a liaison for the legal department, driving compliance in day-to-day sales activities and processes, training and counseling to sales professionals on how to speak to certain legal regulations, and assisting on sales calls when necessary. You will report to the General Counsel while working closely with our Finance department in their preparation of routine contracts, and support deal structure and legal issues.
What will you be doing in your shiny new role:
- Supporting and helping oversee issues, documents and training pertaining to HIPAA, Privacy matters generally (new laws coming in California as well as GDPR in Europe)
- Building, developing, monitoring and training on SOPs and Policies pertaining to legal, commercial, and Privacy issues.
- Researching and anticipating unusual legal issues that could impact the company and customers on the domestic and international fronts.
- Managing our trademark portfolio along with outside counsel
- Assisting senior counsel with general corporate governance and collaborate with human resources on employee related matters, including remote employment review and training initiatives.
- Assisting the VP General Counsel in projects related to privacy, global regulatory compliance, due diligence, best practices, policy drafting and additional topics as needed. These projects will include cross collaboration with various internal business units including marketing, product, security and finance.
- You will be supporting Product and Technology in activities such as: New product development and Beta Testing
- You may also be supporting Corporate Secretarial activities: Stock options, resolutions and other corporate record keeping
- Resolving conflicts and handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts with customers, suppliers, and partners
You will be successful if you have the following qualities:
- Deep understanding of domestic laws, legal codes, and government regulations
- Deep understanding of principles and processes for negotiating small and mid-market contractual agreements. This includes company needs assessment and evaluation of legal guidelines.
- Basic knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong communication internally across departments and teams to make group decisions in a timely manor
- You have a passion for being a legal advisor to a growing business
- A love for problem solving
What skills and experience are required in this role?
- Juris Doctorate from an ABA accredited law school and a license to practice law, in-good-standing, in a state.
- 2 - 4 cumulative years work experience in a corporate environment, law firm, or relevant legal practice and 2 years minimum working in corporate field.
What are some other “nice-to-have” skills that will make you stand out?
- License to practice law in Illinois or the ability to secure limited in-house status.
- At least 1 year of experience in the telecommunications or data analytics driven industries
Join us at one of the 101 Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 9 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.