UX Research Intern
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love my internship!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub Holdings Inc. is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, AllMenus and MenuPages. The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order from 85,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,600 U.S. cities and London. Every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service teams. Grubhub has offices in Chicago, New York and London.
Join us for an exciting 12-week program that will allow you to work on a product that you and your friends actually use alongside some amazing developers. You’ll have the chance to learn more about the business and industry through lunch and learns and explore the city with fun summer intern events. Come experience an exciting tech company with all of the usual perks - happy hours on our rooftop deck, Learning Fridays, tons of free food, and more.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Grubhub User Experience team is a curated group of talented, fun loving people who are passionate about making great products. Our work directly influences product strategy and is used by multiple teams within the organization.
We're looking for an enthusiastic intern to help take our usability practice to the next level. This candidate will design and conduct usability tests frequently and efficiently. They will be responsible for designing test plans, recruiting users, moderating tests, analyzing results, and presenting insights.
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and developers to identify research topics and plan usability testing across multiple devices and platforms, finding opportunities to further improve the user experience
- Design, recruit and moderate usability sessions regularly (both in-person and remote)
- Use a variety of research methods and tools to best reach the goals of each project in order to provide rich, actionable insights
- Communicate research findings and prioritized recommendations to internal stakeholders in a clear and compelling way
You Should Have
- Experience with numerous user research methods, including in-person and remote moderated one-one-one sessions, concept testing, card sorting, iterative prototype testing, contextual inquiry, A/B testing, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills and ability to multitask multiple projects at a time
- Comfortable working both collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced, quick turnaround environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred in research, psychology, social science or a related field
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.