Working for Trunk Club
When you join Trunk Club, you join the Nordstrom family. Our fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment is paired with the strong history and experience of a retail legacy. We have access to some of the greatest minds in retail and technology and are constantly creating innovative strategies to develop the ultimate apparel solutions. We welcome your adaptability, your curiosity, and your passion to contribute to our unparalleled shopping experience!
Who We Are
Who You Are
A Programmer - You are comfortable with object oriented programming in at least one language and are seeking opportunities to strengthen your skills.
A Communicator - You relish in giving and receiving information and are able to use necessary platforms to disseminate materials.
A Sponge - You are always ready to soak up and retain information, best practices and workflows
Customer-Obsessed - You are able to work with different personalities in order to get the best outcome for both internal and external customers
Analytical- You are able to break challenges into logical pieces and come up with solutions
Following test plans for feature teams.
Document defects and test cases; maintain test assets.
Working with team members to write test code and validate functional requirements.
Work closely with Development teams to understand feature design.
Work with stakeholders to understand team plans and priorities
Perform manual regression testing and bug documentation
What Your Background May Look Like
Experience supporting a large scale web application environment
Experience with Voice of the Customer
Understanding of Git, common TDD and Agile practices
Understanding of Computer Science and web protocols
Experience with tools such as Splunk, Postman, and New Relic
Familiar with Jira, Confluence, and Slack
How We Work
- With others. We have pairing stations where engineers often work together, as well as a Jamboard for collaborating on architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We have an open team room. No cubicles, no private offices.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
A Few of our Perks
- Annual stipend for continuous education
- Tech all-hands lunches every other Friday
- Hack days
- Team outings
- Nordstrom discount
- Flexible work environment
- A social environment with built-in bars