Summer Product Management Intern
About The Opportunity
Be the first of your friends to declare, “I love my internship!” and actually mean it. Laugh hard and work hard with some of the best and brightest in the tech industry.
GrubHub Holdings Inc. is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, Eat24, AllMenus and MenuPages. The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order from 75,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,300 U.S. cities and London. Every order is supported by the company’s 24/7 customer service teams. Grubhub has offices in Chicago, New York and London.
The Product Manager Intern will be responsible for helping to develop a strategy and vision and build and execute feature roadmaps from start to finish. You embrace this cross-functional role that requires you to work closely and successfully with senior leaders across the company, engineering/IT, QA, design, customer care, and the rest of the product team.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Drive product strategy formation including market analysis, product concept development, and go to market design. This role will be responsible for driving the conversation and will be making presentations of these strategies to the executive team
- Lead efforts on competitive analysis that details our competitor’s marketing, sales and product strategies
- Create data driven models and analytical approaches to determine business performance, growth and emerging opportunities
- Develop product requirements documents that meet customer and strategic requirements while providing clear direction to the development teams
- Lead cross functional team of engineers, sales, operations, marketing and other stakeholders from business units to develop, implement and drive product line success
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales, and the go-to-market organization to help them understand the vision, roadmap and best practices.
You Should Have
- Mix of previous consulting or product strategy experience is preferred
- Highly analytical decision making approach
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong leader, self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
- Excellent presentation and customer facing skills
- Strong understanding of enterprise software and services, SaaS, and service APIs
- Demonstrated experience in the agile software development process.
- Experience in Product Management, Systems/Business Analysis, Software Engineering or related field.
- Experience in designing, developing, and building collaborative or social web technologies, either in the consumer or enterprise space.
- Demonstrated success at indirect management in matrix organizations
- Ability to work equally well with business development, product marketing, program management, sales operations, support, and engineering to drive successful product releases
And Of Course, Perks!
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.