Software Engineering Intern - Summer
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
Tempus is on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in cancer clinical settings. With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally measure and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we believe the greatest promise for the detection and treatment of cancer lies in the deep understanding of molecular activity for disease initiation, progression, and efficacious treatment based on the discovery of unique biomarkers.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable software development intern with extensive experience and interest in translational cancer research and biomarker development.
Tempus is accepting resumes for paid full time summer internships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help design and develop a novel bioinformatics platform with the capability of ingesting large amounts of unstructured data to provide personalized insights at the molecular level
- Work alongside other team members in Computational Biology and Data Science in an agile environment to deliver an enterprise-grade product in an iterative manner
- Design interfaces and advanced data visualizations to identify signal from noise in large genomic data sets
- Outstanding programming and problem solving skills
- Experience programming in a modern object oriented programming language
- Experience in User Interface languages/frameworks such as NodeJS and ReactJS.
- Experience in agile environments and comfort with quick iterations
- Experience with open-source technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka and ElasticSearch
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Experience with processing and manipulating large data sets
- Goal-oriented thinking
- Great problem solving skills
- Self-driven and works well in an interdisciplinary team with minimal direction
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Strong desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer