Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2020
We're looking to hire full-time undergrad and graduate students to join our team in the summer of 2020. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company in significant ways. All interns embed with one of our multi-functional teams where they work side-by-side with our engineers on production-level code. Additionally, all interns are paired with a mentor.
You’ll be expected to have a deep understanding of CS fundamentals, and gain a much deeper understanding of the best engineering practices for a host of applications. You’ll also have a chance to:
- Work on unique technical problems in a rare and emerging field
- Work in small teams to quickly design and build solutions to novel problems
- Work with modern technologies like React, Python for high performance computing, pandas, NumPy, git, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and more
- Experience solving problems with code
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science or a related field with a graduation date of Fall 2020 or Spring 2021
- Experience with one or more Object Oriented or scripting languages
- Enthusiasm to learn and contribute to our team in a meaningful way
- Strong motivation and the ability to collaborate with others
Culture at Narrative Science
We're a group of passionate individuals working together on game-changing technology—and having a lot of fun doing so. You’ll work alongside driven teammates who are excited to build groundbreaking technology and help craft the future of AI. Our core values are ingrained in everything we do, from how we develop our technology to how we interact with customers to how we hire people—even to how we decorate our office. Over the course of the summer, you will be immersed in our learning-focused culture, company-wide social events, a collaborative work environment and weekly free lunches.
About Narrative Science
Narrative Science creates software that writes stories from enterprise data to drive understanding and results. Powered by artificial intelligence, our technology automatically turns data into easy-to-understand reports, transforms statistics into stories, and converts numbers into knowledge. Narrative Science works with customers including Deloitte, MasterCard, USAA, and members of the U.S. intelligence community, empowering them to understand and act on key business metrics, make better decisions, and focus talent on higher-value tasks -- all through the power of data storytelling.
At Narrative Science, we embrace the diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives of our future employees, colleagues, customers, partners and other stakeholders. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.