Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2019
We're looking to hire full-time undergrad and graduate interns to join our team summer 2019. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company in significant ways. All interns embed with one of our multi-functional teams where they work side-by-side with our engineers on production-level code. Additionally, all interns are paired with a mentor.
You’ll be expected to have a deep understanding of CS fundamentals, and gain a much deeper understanding of the best engineering practices for a host of applications. You’ll also have a chance to:
- Work on unique technical problems in a rare and emerging field
- Work in small teams to quickly design and build solutions to novel problems
- Work with modern technologies like React, Python for high performance computing, pandas, NumPy, git, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and more
- Experience solving problems with code
- Currently pursuing a degree in computer science or a related field with a graduation date of Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
- Experience with one or more Object Oriented or scripting languages
- Enthusiasm to learn and contribute to our team in a meaningful way
- Strong motivation and the ability to collaborate with others
Culture at Narrative Science
We're a group of passionate individuals working together on game-changing technology—and having a lot of fun doing so. You’ll work alongside driven teammates who are excited to build groundbreaking technology and help craft the future of AI. Our core values are ingrained in everything we do, from how we develop our technology to how we interact with customers to how we hire people—even to how we decorate our office. Over the course of the summer, you will be immersed in our learning-focused culture, company-wide social events, a collaborative work environment and weekly free lunches.
About Narrative Science
Narrative Science is the leader in advanced natural language generation (Advanced NLG) for the enterprise. Quill, its Advanced NLG platform, learns and writes like a person, automatically transforming data into Intelligent Narratives—insightful, conversational communications full of audience-relevant information that provide complete visibility into how analytic decisions are made.