Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2018
Who We Are
Networked Insights technology helps marketers from the world’s biggest brands and agencies understand their customers, inform their media spend, invent new products, drive amazing creative campaigns and improve their targeting by providing game-changing insights no other technology company can provide.
Our two primary products - Kairos and Audience.ai - help brands tap into billions of public online and social conversations (classified intelligently using the latest advancements in AI and machine learning) so that they can become more relevant to consumers, and get better results from their campaigns.
What You’ll Do
As an Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design and development of new Java-based applications, while also getting to work with a cutting edge Big Data stack. All of our colleagues enjoy a sense of ownership in their work, and this will be no different for our interns. You will sit among a team of highly experience engineers and will be tasked with creating a piece of software that will be incorporated into our product.
What You’ll Need
- Ideally junior-level status toward an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a closely related degree, with at least a 3.0 GPA
- Competency coding in Java
- Demonstrated experience building a piece of software, either in the classroom, or better yet, on your own or with a group of friends
- Courage to jump head-first into technical problems on day one
- Excited about the Big Data revolution, with a passion for translating huge collections of data into actionable insights
- Knowledge of any other key technologies in our stack is a plus, including Python, Linux, Spring, REST, Tomcat, SQL, or NoSQL
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies is helpful as well such as Spark, Storm, ElasticSearch, Kafka, Lucene, or BigQuery
Who You Are
- Avid learner who is able to grasp new concepts and learn new technologies quickly
- Assertive personality with a solid work ethic and initiative
- High energy and drive, coupled with resourcefulness
What You’ll Get
- Experience designing and coding a software solution that will actually go into production within our platform
- Mentored by smart, highly experienced engineers who are always willing to collaborate and help their team
- Exposure to a cutting edge Big Data stack and a sophisticated Machine Learning environment
- Great office location in downtown Chicago
- Tons of free food and drinks - We even celebrated National Pi Day this year
- Bragging rights to your friends that you spent your summer working with a newly acquired technology company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.