Software Engineer Intern
As the world’s leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
STATS summer internship program is a 10 week, 30-40 hours per week paid internship. Interns collaborate and work individually within the organization to gain valuable experience and make an impact in sports technology.
Not only will STATS Interns have hands on experience in their field of study but there are awesome perks too! There will be luncheons, a major league baseball game thrown in the mix and of course STATS gear you can rock to work.
Who You Are:
Are you an undergraduate student looking to break into the technology and sports world? Do you want to gain hands on experience in computer science and not just make coffee runs? Can you not only bring creative ideas to the table but execute them? If so, read on, as this is the kind of opportunity that doesn't come around very often. Seriously.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with STATS SportVU player tracking data
- Unit testing
- Application organization
- Help build the tools that collect scores and stats from events around the globe
- And more!
Skills & Requirements
What You'll Need:
- An incoming Junior or Senior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Pride in your GPA, University, and the things you’ve accomplished in your spare time
- Experience with Java, C#, C++ and/or SQL
- Familiarity with Cloud-related technologies, NoSQL solutions such as Redis, Cassandra, etc.
- Demonstrate great communication skills and work ethic
- Having a passion for sports is a plus!
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great team franchises. We have ambition to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It’s Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We look for candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative GSD environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It’s Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race, disability or veteran status.