Research & Development Intern
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute whole food protein bars. While the protein bar market is crowded, RXBARs are the cleanest protein bar available and our branding stands out. A unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
Research & Development (R&D) Intern: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. We have a passion for developing the best possible product for our customers and our R&D department is on the forefront of making that happen. The R&D Intern will have the opportunity to apply their technical knowledge by working on a business-critical project. The intern will be a fully immersed R&D team member for the summer, working collaboratively with Product Development, Research, and Scientific Affairs to gain hands-on exposure to everything from experimental design to nutrition communication.
*Must be available to work up to 40 hours from June 4, 2018-August 3, 2018
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Desire to learn about ingredient functionality to enable product quality improvement and new product development
- Collaborate with R&D team members to evaluate impact of new and existing ingredients, products or processes
- Design and execute experiments, with support of R&D Scientists, based on project objectives
- Develop criteria for screening and assessing new opportunities
- Collect, record, and analyze data
- Interpret and translate results into possible solutions
- Coordinate projects and opportunities to ensure work is properly organized, scheduled, and completed on time
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
- Rising 4th year undergraduate student or student recently accepted into a graduate program in Food Science, Nutrition Science, or similar fields are welcome to apply
- Broad understanding of the fundamentals of Food Science
- Interested in food science from an industry perspective
- Excellent communication skills and collaborative mindset
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is extremely result and detail-oriented
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Creative problem-solving abilities
Total Rewards Package: Competitive pay, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.