Product Design Intern
STATS' summer internship program is a 10 week, 40 hours per week paid internship. Interns work together and individually within the organization to gain valuable experience and make an impact in sports technology. Not only will STATS Interns have hands on experience in their field of study but there are awesome perks too! There will be luncheons, a major league baseball game, an end-of-summer presentation, and other activities.
STATS is seeking an energetic and passionate product design or user experience design intern supporting STATS' experience design department. The intern will gain valuable exposure to a wide-range of projects in product design and user research. The position will provide practical real-world experience while gearing a portion of projects toward bolstering the intern's portfolio.
What You'll Do:
- Design engaging experiences for Desktop, Web & Mobile
- Learn the product design process, from idea to implementation
- Gain experience conducting user research and validating design decisions through usability testing
- Create prototypes and learn best practices in sharing and communicating your design ideas
- Present design solutions to customers, stakeholders and executives
- Implement flows, wireframes and interaction models that use UX best practices for both desktop and mobile environments
- Collaborate across several teams, including but not limited to design, engineering and product management
- Navigate the complexity of larger scale products, from tiny interaction details to the larger product vision and customer experience as a whole
- Deliver assets to developers and work tirelessly to ensure the design is being implemented to a high standard
What You'll Need:
- Proficiency across the Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Sketch
- Strong layout and design sensibilities and attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task/change priorities as needed
- The ability and willingness to defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
- Strong ability to maintain organization for design assets
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from our Chicago office
- Passion for sports and desire to learn more about the industry
Who We Are:
Our values at STATS mimic those of foundationally great team franchises. We have ambition to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It's Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We look for candidates that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative GSD environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It's Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator, and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are a driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you're excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and other accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS is an equal opportunity employer our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race, disability or veteran status.