Product Content Strategist Intern
SpotHero is seeking a Content Strategist Intern to make impactful contributions to our Product Team. Our team solves incredibly hard problems each and every day to create an experience for our customers that strives to be breathtaking. This intern will sharpen both their content writing and user experience skills while having ownership over their work. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to and learn from one of Chicago’s fastest-growing tech startups!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Gain experience in research, ideation, and design of SpotHero’s products.
- Drive implementation of Content Strategy/User Experience vision across the company.
- Execute & Integrate usability tests, research & market analysis, and A/B testing into the designs and company.
- Analyze qualitative & quantitative data that drives the success of our products.
- Plan, write, and edit SpotHero content for web and native app experiences.
- A top-notch communicator. You have outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written – that enable you to speak with anyone and everyone who crosses your path.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful, you are constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Collaboration. Our collaborative environment fosters a supportive team dynamic based on continual feedback.
- Positive. You possess a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn from and contribute to a team.
- Creative. You aren’t afraid to take risks and are proud of the work you produce.
- Organized. You have great follow-through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Enrolled in or recent grad from an undergrad program or bootcamp with a focus in English, journalism, information design, new media, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA required.
- Design process experience.
- Portfolio of online writing samples (from coursework, blogs, publications, websites, etc.) along with explanations of your role in the content development
- Experience writing, editing and/or planning online content (could be for a school publication, company website, personal blog, mobile app and so on)
What we are offering:
- Paid internship. Minimum 12 week duration.
- Casual dress code and fun work environment.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, and SpotHero swag.
- Incredible opportunity to get involved with one of Chicago’s leading startup companies.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.