Zoro's an aggressive, hyper-growth e-commerce company that sells industrial supplies to business customers throughout the US. In the past seven years, we've grown from a group of 6 people working in a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products. We've been successful in growing in large part due to our team. Zoro hires bright & hard-working individuals that are intent on growing our business, are obsessed with creating an awesome customer experience and winning as a team.
Zoro is currently offering one paid internship for a passionate & driven individual interested in joining our Pricing team for the summer of 2019. This is a full-time opportunity and will start early June and end in late August. The start and end dates can be flexible based on your semester schedule.
The Pricing Team is critical to Zoro's success by making sure all of our products are optimally priced for market relevance and profitability. The Pricing Team has the day to day responsibility of ensuring Zoro Prices are in-line with internally established pricing strategies and tactics. As a Pricing intern, you will perform in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape, design tests, and recommend improvements to the assortment of pricing tactics available to the pricing team.
The Pricing Intern will have the opportunity to work collaboratively across Zoro departments including Analytics, IT, Marketing, and many others. As a core functionality of Zoro's business, pricing helps drive the success of multiple projects and initiatives. A successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to understand business objectives and anticipate how pricing can be used to achieve Zoro's mission.
- To be a rising Senior in a 4-year degree program with a focus in Business, Economics, Marketing, Finance or similar field
- A demonstrated interest in analytics and a drive to see your work have immediate impact
- Proven knowledge of how Pricing actions are likely to impact Sales, Margin, & Customer Perception
- Classroom experience or Familiarity with SQL, Excel, R, or other analytical tools
- Desire to learn new skills and expand upon existing skills
- Creative problem solving skills including the ability to work within the limitations of resources and data at hand
- Strong team-player that is comfortable working within an experienced team
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.