Morningstar Summer Internship Program for Technologist
Technology drives our business. Our team is made up of talented software engineers, infrastructure engineers, leaders and UX professionals. We care about technology as a craft and a differentiator. We bring our global products to market with a mix of software, cloud, data centers, infrastructure, design and grit. We created the Morningstar Summer Intern Program for Technologists for college students entering their final year as a first step towards successful, long-term careers in technology. Participants will contribute to different aspects of Morningstar’s technology organization through ten-week- individual and group projects, learning about financial series, data, and products. You will also receive hands-on mentoring from your colleagues and the Summer Intern team to help you succeed at Morningstar.
The Role: The Morningstar Summer Internship Program for Technologists is accepting applicants graduating in 2020. We are looking for students in all fields of study with a demonstrated interest in investing and the financial services industry. Successful applicants will be assigned meaningful work suitable for their background. The program advisors and mentors will meet with you regularly to identify and develop your summer goals. Summer interns have the opportunity to apply directly to the Morningstar Development Program after graduation. All positions are based in our Chicago office.
Join a Morningstar Agile squad to help address business problems through thoughtful research, analysis, and creative thinking in an individual project
- Collaborate on a ten-week-long group case study and present the results to senior leaders, stakeholders, and managers.
- Participate in training sessions with Morningstar employees across the company spectrum, building a foundation of knowledge to develop throughout your Morningstar career.
- An outstanding academic record.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Coding skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt well to different situations and thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Currently enrolled in full-time bachelor’s degree program, graduating in 2020, preferably studying Computer Science.
Please indicate your earliest available start date and cumulative GPA in your resume.
All candidates must apply online in order to be considered for the program.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.