Menu & Merchandising Strategy MBA Summer Intern
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About this job:
You will lead menu assortment and customer analysis projects to develop recommendations that will inform our future menu and merchandising strategy. You will leverage item and customer sales data to determine prioritized strategic recommendations to grow sales and improve margin at the Fridge level. This internship could include a number of potential projects including:
- Developing a customer group and fridge segmentation strategy
- Conducting a margin and menu mix analysis in order to come up with an assortment and new item launch cadence strategy
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- Enrolled in a 2-year MBA program
- Analytics, consulting, or brand management background is preferred
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, familiarity with R, Python or other analytics/stats tools is a plus
- Knowledge of financial business metrics (COGs, P&Ls, etc.)
- Analytical. You love synthesizing data to identify root problems, identify opportunities and make decisions; you love challenges and your curiosity is contagious.
- Hungry. You’re a passionate go-getter who has a track record of creatively solving problems and using data to tell stories to create actionable recommendations, and you’re comfortable doing so without an army of people or resources to help.
- Oversight. You’re supremely detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture
- Autonomous. You don’t need someone to watch over you and tell you what to do all the time; you jump in and do what it takes to get the job done with little direction.
- Collaborative. It would never occur to you to say, “that’s not my job.”
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Professional development opportunities
- Clarity Breaks. We encourage you to step away from your routine to reflect on your work strategy and top priorities
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Sports Leagues. Fueling teamwork and collaboration with a healthy dose of fun competition
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below:
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. Thanks for your interest in Farmer’s Fridge!