MBA Intern, Growth Initiatives
RXBAR: We manufacture, market and distribute better for you snacking products. The natural food space is crowded but our clean, quantifiable approach to product development and our branding stands out. Our unique, “No B.S” value proposition in a rapidly growing health food market has our company positioned for growth.
MBA Intern, Growth Initiatives RXBAR is one of the fastest growing natural brands in the country. This growth comes from dynamic distribution channels including e-commerce, independent specialty locations like coffee shops and fitness studios, strategic enterprise accounts like Caribou and Life Time Fitness and traditional channels like grocery, convenience, mass and club. Our distribution and retail partners require support, organization and tracking.
The MBA Intern, Growth Initiatives will be responsible for representing the Finance team perspective for our growth strategy. We are looking for someone that is a strategic thinker with an inquisitive mindset, detail-oriented, and driven and eager to grow with our Finance team. Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical background in a CPG strategy role, investment banking, private equity, or management consulting. A self-starter that takes initiative, ownership over processes, has comfort with ambiguity, exhibits resourcefulness, and is excited to learn about our business and help establish new processes as we continue to build out our finance team will excel in this role.
**Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week from January 2019 to May 2019**
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in creation of strategic three-year financial plan inclusive of core products, breakthrough innovation, and inorganic growth opportunities for the North American market
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop deep category knowledge and understanding of our strategic positioning within the market for breakthrough innovation
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to provide a point of view on financial implications of strategic decisions
- Partner with Marketing, Insights, and Sales Strategy to build the business case for our innovation
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to develop distribution, pricing, and promotional strategies for breakthrough innovation
- Investigate performance of new products alongside Insights, Revenue Management, Sales Strategy, and Marketing
- Draw conclusions from data to make recommendations that contribute to the success of the Company’s inorganic growth initiatives
- Collaborate across the company to help assess and prioritize M&A transactions to best align with corporate strategy and growth objectives
- Develop comprehensive valuation analysis and pro-forma financial models to support transaction analysis
- Ad-hoc analysis and projects as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, intellectually curious, and an excitement for growing our business
- Currently enrolled in an MBA program
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in CPG with a strategy/planning focus or a background in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or Management Consulting
- Evidence of cross functional partnership experience
- Demonstrated ability to flex between a long-term “big picture” understanding and a short-term detailed tactical focus
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Highly organized
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Evidence of ‘Customer First’ values and behaviors
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with the organization
- Fast learner
- Intellectually humble
- Emotionally intelligent
Compensation Package: Competitive pay, unlimited RXBARs, RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.