Linux System Administrator Intern
Linux System Administrator I
Vail is a software engineering company that develops its own technology to produce innovative solutions for customers. The systems support voice needs of Fortune 500 enterprise customers, including state-of-the-art IP telephony, IVR, call routing, contact center integrations, and cutting edge real-time analytics, as well as other research initiatives. Vail System Administrators implement, maintain, monitor, design, and secure systems and voice platforms with the strong high-availability requirements of a carrier-grade hosting environment.
As part of the Vail team, you'll be expected to coordinate with internal teams to design and develop solutions using state-of-the-art technologies.
Tools & Technology used
- CentOS, Kickstart, Salt, Wireshark, host-based firewalls, OSSEC, Nessus, VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, Nagios, Observium, SNMP, Syslog, SSL Certificates and PKI, DNS, DHCP, Apache, nginx, haproxy, Squid.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Command of the unix shell.
- Experience using scripting languages such as Shell, Perl, Python for automating tasks
- An ability to solve complex problems in a short amount of time
- A B.A. / B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field is preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions;
- Strong motivation to learn;
- Good communication & documentation;
- An ability to solve complex problems in a short amount of time;
- Task automation and scripting.
- Available for off-hours deployments and maintenance;
- Participate in on-call rotation for issue handling and incident response, including some after hours duty;
- Position is based out of Deerfield, IL office but may require occasional work from the Chicago, IL office.