Jr. Product Design Intern
Label Insight is the industry leader in powering product attribute-driven growth across the consumer-packaged goods ecosystem. Our patented technology harnesses data science and machine learning to create best-in-class product attribute data with more than 22,000 high-order attributes per product.
Covering more than 80 percent of top selling food, pet, and personal care items in the U.S., Label Insight enables companies to unlock new growth opportunities and power digital innovation across our business while empowering consumers to make more informed purchasing decisions with better product transparency.
With locations in Chicago and St. Louis, we support industry leading clients including Unilever, ConAgra, Pepsi, Walmart, Target, Albertsons, Petco, Meijer, Dole and numerous other CPG brands and retailers.
About the role:
Assist the Design team in developing our world class product data digitization and exploration platform. Collaborate on developing our design system, UX research projects, while ideating and mocking new features.
- Work with cross-functional product and engineering UI/UX/IA problems.
- Ideate and create mockups and interactive prototypes.
- Help define and evolve the company’s visual and functional design systems & style guide.
- Help develop measurements of success.
- Experience/Knowledge of responsive design, grid based design
- Experience/Knowledge of creating flowcharts, user personas, user testing scripts
- Knowledge of design principles (color, typography, layout etc)
- An eye and passion for detail and elegant solutions
- A strong, creative problem solving skill set
- Familiarity with Sketch, Invision, Adobe Suite, pencil & paper
- Comfortable working collaboratively
At the end of this internship you will be able to:
- Translate user challenges into product design solutions
- Survive working in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Deliver quality work under tight deadlines
- Simplify complex information in an accessible and delightful way
- Transparency: We share information freely and concisely as a team
- Collaboration: We respect diversity and work toward the solution together
- Iteration and Innovation: We speak up early, are honest about our limits, and leverage failure as an asset
- Intellectual Honesty and Humility: We encourage open debate and favor the best ideas
- Accountability: We own the successes and failures of our team
- Quality Driven: We hold our work to the highest standards and embrace problems as opportunities