Intern, UI Design
We are committed to our mission to help heal healthcare. Our unique culture is driven by a social, hardworking environment full of talented people solving problems together. We embrace learning, cross-team collaboration, and continuous career growth. Lifting each other to lift our clients, our product, our company. If being part of a fun, fast-moving, innovative team is what you seek? Keep reading.
We look for someone who:
- Is Service-Centric: Someone who desires to make an impact in and outside of our office. We look for service minded people to support our customers, each other and our community.
- Has a Growth Mindset: Driven to own your individual learning and development (We’ll help you - we have a team dedicated to training you and providing extra educational resources).
- Rocks Impact: Thinks two steps ahead to ensure the work we do will solve problems and make a difference.
- Will be a StrataPro: Accountable. Prepared. Positive. Core to who we are and how we treat one another.
What you’ll do in this role:
The User Interface Design internship gives current students an opportunity to experience the world of product design and prepare for a future career in UI or UX. You’ll be part of a growing design team where you’ll gain valuable experience in areas such as healthcare finance, collaboration, design process, and design systems. You’ll have opportunities to:
- Participate in design workshops, critiques, and presentations
- Conduct audits, expert reviews, or competitive reviews
- Create design artifacts such as visual comps, specs, or usage/process guides
- Collaborate with product managers and developers
- Receive mentoring from the design team
This paid internship program is targeted to start on Tuesday, May 28, 2019 and span approximately 10 weeks.
What we’re looking for:
- You are pursuing a degree in design, human-computer interaction, or another related field
- Proficiency with Adobe CC, Axure, Sketch, or InVision
- Portfolio demonstrating an understanding of visual hierarchy, core design principles, and the human-centered design process
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work effectively with limited guidance when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a desire to collaborate
- Interest in pursuing a career in UI or UX design
- A passion for the healthcare industry- we’d love to help you find it here! 😊
Applicants should be available to work in our downtown Chicago office and provide their own housing for the duration of the 10-week internship experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.