Intern - Data Operations, Americas
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, managed investments, portfolios, and markets. The group also collects and maintains high-quality data on the equities, managed investments, and fixed-income investments we cover in our database, one of the largest investment databases in the world. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of manager, equity, and credit research in the world. We transform data into insights that investors can use to reach their financial goals.
The Role: In this role, you will join a team of Data Research Analysts committed to delivering accurate, timely, and complete investment data for a variety of investment vehicles. This team works closely with internal product and service teams, data teams in North America, Europe, and Asia, and multiple data providers. You will learn the nuances of investment products, performance reporting, and Morningstar’s approach to data collection and quality, and will become an expert in answering data questions from colleagues and clients. This position is based in our Chicago office and for students available to work year-round.
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly data processes and meet production deadlines.
• Investigate and resolve data issues in our ticketing system in a timely manner.
• Develop and use metrics to monitor the health of processes and the progress of improvement initiatives.
• Collaborate with local and global team members to continuously refine procedures, improve communication, create and enhance analytical tools, and implement process improvements.
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master's degree program.
• Available to work from our Chicago office full-time during the summer and part-time during the school year.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Solid understanding of the US financial industry and passionate about investment data.
• Detail-oriented self-starter with an enthusiasm to drive process improvements and knowledge sharing. Prior experience with LEAN methodology and tools is a plus.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and global technical and business teams.
• Proven analytical ability and problem-solving skills through academic or professional experience.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity provider.