The Group: The Morningstar Investment Management group consists of our investment advice, consulting, retirement-solutions, and index businesses. Through our investment advisory subsidiaries, we use our expertise in asset allocation, manager research, and portfolio construction to create innovative investment solutions for institutions, advisors, and their clients.
The Role: Morningstar`s Index Team is looking for a self-motivated intern to support a range of operational, analytical, and relationship management responsibilities. In this role, you will liaise with all aspects of the index creation process, interact with internal and external clients, and support strategic growth initiatives. Candidates must be available to work part-time during the school year and extended hours during the summer. This position is based in our Chicago office.
- Support various functions within the Index team including investment research, product management, and data operations
- Work with New Product Development team to identify, analyze, and quality audit investment data and methodology required to create and support various index products
- Prepare data, calculation, and financial reports for internal and external use and distribution.
- Research and present investment themes that will ultimately lead to new product development and increased industry knowledge.
- Assist with sales, marketing, and event coordination initiatives to support business growth and client relationships.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team in a fluid, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Interest in financial markets is ideal.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in tandem.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and oral communications skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Proven experience working successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Strong creative and analytical skills.
- Experience in or knowledge of the financial services industry is a plus.
- Enrolled in a degree program, preferably majoring in finance or economics.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.