Database Marketing Internship
Zoro's an aggressive, hyper-growth e-commerce company that sells industrial supplies to business customers throughout the US. In the past seven years, we've grown from a group of 6 people working in a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 275+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products. We've been successful in growing in large part due to our team. Zoro hires bright & hard-working individuals that are intent on growing our business, are obsessed with creating an awesome customer experience and winning as a team.
Zoro is currently offering one paid internship for a passionate & driven individual interested in joining our Direct Marketing team for the summer of 2019. This is a full-time opportunity and will start early June and end in late August. The start and end dates can be flexible based on your semester schedule.
The Database Marketing Intern will support the Database Marketing Manager in business data analysis as it relates to marketing; including the areas of list strategy, development and segmentation, list aggregation, campaign performance analysis, product selection and forecasting and reporting as it relates to business planning. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong interest in using data to advise the organization on how best to drive business results To be successful, this candidate must possess skills in manipulating data and turning data into strategic insights and recommendations.
- Provide data-driven analysis to uncover and articulate key insights and recommendations to various stakeholders in the organization
- Perform customer segmentation; use data to advise marketing managers on how best to drive business results and maximize conversion, retention, and loyalty
- Develop segmentation targeting and testing processes to go deeper into current database to achieve better customer segmentation and targeting
- Monitor and track effectiveness of marketing campaign efforts.
- Coordinate with marketing on email campaign strategy, universe health and size
- Pursuit of an undergraduate degree in business, marketing / communications, mathematics, statistics or other related field
- Data management & manipulation skills" Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.), and working knowledge of business intelligence systems, such as Access, Google Analytics, and other analysis tools such as Tableau, SQL, SAS, R, Python, etc., is highly preferable
- Strong self-management skills and ability to work within a team
- Strong collaboration skills, ability to work across teams with stakeholders at different levels in the organization
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.