Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each driver’s likelihood of an event. Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value. Don’t miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
Job Family Summary:
Arity Data Science and Analytics is responsible for aligning with and contributing to corporate objectives by identifying and developing growth and profitability opportunities that will enable Arity to generate profitable market share growth. The Data Scientist family is accountable for using data to make decisions, which includes building predictive models and developing new machine learning techniques that enable Arity to make better decisions to achieve its goals. The Data Scientist Family requires Analytic Agility, the ability to quickly learn new modeling/machine learning techniques, programming languages, and see how these ideas can integrate to optimize the business.
This is a Summer 2019 internship for students currently enrolled in a degree program. This role is responsible for leading the use of data to make decisions. This includes: The development and execution of new machine learning predictive modeling algorithms, the coding\development of tools that use machine learning/predictive modeling to make business decisions, searching for and integrating new data (both internal and external) that improves our modeling and machine learning results (and ultimately our decisions), and discovery of solutions to business problems that can be solved through the use of machine learning/predictive modeling.
- Uses best practices, with coaching, to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., R, SAS, Python, Hadoop)
- Collaborates with the team in order to improve the effectiveness of business decisions through the use of data and machine learning/predictive modeling
- Innovates on projects by using new modeling techniques or tools
- Contributes on a wide variety of projects
- Executes on modeling/machine learning projects effectively
- Communicates findings to team and leadership ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Works with leaders to ensure the project will meet their needs
- Maximizes personal professional development to ensure continuation of a personal contribution to the team
- Currently pursuing a Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or related discipline
- Ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
- Demonstrated Analytic Agility
- Currently pursuing Master’s or PhD preferred in a quantitative field
- Experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision making
- Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Experience in working with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, MatLab, R, CART, etc.
- Ability to code and develop prototypes in languages such as Python, Perl, Java, C preferred
- Knowledge of advanced modeling technique preferred
Heads up: when you click “apply now” you’ll be directed to the Allstate careers site. You’re still looking at an Arity job, but because we were founded by Allstate, we share the same application system.