Clinical Data Operations Intern
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don’t have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We’re on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in the oncology clinic.
This paid Internship program provides the opportunity to work with cross functional teams and be exposed to various critical workflows within Tempus. Interns will be working closely with teams who support our clinical data abstraction workflow.
*Schedule can be flexible, but must be local to Chicago with consistent, minimum weekly availability 18 hrs/week (ex: Mon/Weds + 1/2 day Friday; every Mon-Thurs 1/2 day, etc).*
- Work with our Clinical Data Operations team to support and maintain tracking systems and documents
- Communicate directly with various team members to manage project requests including training support and administration
- Respond to inquiries by email and in person quickly and professionally.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Working towards a 4 year college degree, science or business background preferred.
- Experience working with SQL a strong plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and by email.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Show initiative and ability to work as part of a high-level team while working independently on mission-critical tasks.
- General office equipment and software knowledge, proficiency with GSuite applications preferred.