Campus: Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2019)
Title: Campus: Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2019)
Our Interns build and release software into a live trading environment, the same as full time Software Engineers. You will begin with a two-week training program, where you learn our trading systems and engineering principles so you can quickly make an impact. Once equipped with this knowledge, you are matched with a development team to work alongside senior engineers finding elegant solutions to complex problems. You will contribute to code reviews and design discussions, and be paired with a mentor who will help you understand the foundations of being an Optiver engineer.
Technology at Optiver:
At Optiver we pride ourselves on being real engineers, not just coders. Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll need:
• Working towards a BS or MS in Computer Science, or related technical field
• Knowledge of algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and systems programming concepts
• Experience coding in C++, C#, C, or Java
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, traders, and business operations on a daily basis
• Excitement to learn options trading and apply this knowledge toward well-crafted solutions
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver’s story began over 30 years ago, when we started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today, we are at the forefront of trading and technology as a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. With over 1,000 employees globally and 200 in our Chicago office, our mission to improve the market unites us.