Business Strategy Intern
SpotHero is seeking a Business Strategy Intern to join our SpotHero for Business team within our Strategy & Partnerships Department. We’re looking for a driven, self-motivated, and innovative individual who isn’t afraid to step up in situations of ambiguity. SpotHero for Business is one of SpotHero's newest products, providing parking solutions for companies and their employees. You’ll be an integral team member of our team and get to work closely with our VP of Strategy & Operations. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to and learn from one of Chicago’s fastest-growing tech startups!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Work to develop new strategies surrounding one of SpotHero’s newest products: SpotHero for Business.
- Work within a variety of areas, including:
- Sales - identify and close new accounts.
- Marketing - build out client-facing marketing content to be used cross-departmentally.
- Research to identify key market areas and develop strategy to target them.
- A Relationship Builder. Well-spoken and well-written. You are a clear and compelling communicator in person, on the phone, and over email.
- Curious. Learning about new things is part of what drives your ambition and why you take initiative on new ideas. You enjoy the challenge of working on new projects and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- A Researcher. You’re great at finding exactly what is needed, regardless of how specific or vague it is. You excel with minimal direction.
- Organized. You can juggle multiple projects at once and never forget to follow up. You know the smallest details can be the most important.
- Dynamic. You work well with teams, supporting and encouraging the success of everyone around you.
- Currently enrolled in an undergrad or MBA program, or a recent college grad.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA required. Business or Marketing major preferred.
- Interest in gaining experience in a variety of areas including sales and marketing.
- Previous experience creating successful projects from the ground-up.
What we are offering:
- Paid summer internship. Minimum 12 week duration.
- Casual dress code and fun work environment.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, and SpotHero swag.
- Incredible opportunity to get involved with one of Chicago’s leading startup companies.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.