Analytics Internship - Summer 2019
What you’ll be doing:
As an Analytics Intern, you’ll immerse yourself in the Analytics department and get a unique experience by working on real projects that impact our day-to-day business and production. We are problem-solvers, self-directors and action-oriented thinkers so you’ll be expected to hit the ground running and own your projects, with guidance from your manager and teammates. You’ll be placed on one of our four workgroups (see below) and, while that will be your primary team for the summer, you’ll gain exposure to and work with the other groups throughout your internship so you leave Enova with a strong understanding of what we do and what you’d like to focus on post-graduation. When you’re not performing your Analytics responsibilities you’ll be having fun, learning professional skills and networking with the rest of Enova.
Your core priorities will be to:
- Learn the technologies, strategies and analytic techniques we use here at Enova
- Develop, enhance and test the company’s models for use in determining the appropriate lending criteria and verification procedures
- Conduct ad hoc analysis using statistical and financial tools to recommend risk management, marketing and operational strategies
- Work with senior management to develop key performance indicators (KPI's) to ensure that our products are performing optimally
- Present on your project findings and results to key executives and the department at the conclusion of your internship
What you should have:
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree, Master's or PhD in a related field of study with a planned graduation of Fall 2019 or Spring 2020
- Advanced programming ability to write customized code for meaningful data analysis in at least one programming language
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency in spreadsheet applications and advanced use of statistical applications and databases
- Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Our Analytics team:
Enova’s Analytics team consists of over 60 quantitative professionals dedicated to driving business value using cutting-edge techniques. The team is a shared service for the entire company and operates in six core workgroups, four of which are:
- Portfolio Analytics: The Portfolio Analytics team focuses on building cutting-edge risk, pricing and underwriting models to enhance our lending decisions and improve the profitability of our products. They work closely with our business and product owners and use advanced techniques to optimize the performance of our loan products and operations.
- Fraud Analytics: Analysts on the Fraud team use data mining, machine learning, and manual investigation techniques to identify and protect against online fraud. They do so by implementing process improvements to current fraud monitoring systems and exploring internal and external data sources for new ways to detect and prevent fraud.
- Marketing Analytics: The Marketing Analytics team focuses on applying statistical analysis and predictive modeling to help our marketing teams acquire and retain customers. They build attribution and marketing mix models to optimize marketing activities and develop automated systems to analyze, measure and predict marketing performance.
- Research and Platforms: The “RAP” team builds and maintains all of our technical tools and platforms. They investigate new analytics methods and data sources, institute best practices within the department, and launch new analytic services that support all of our businesses.
At Enova we have a company-wide culture that emphasizes data-driven analysis. That means you spend less time presenting and more time with the fun part, crunching data! We are language agnostic, but primarily use SAS, Python, R, SQL and Mathematica. That means YOU get to pick the tool that works best for you and the analysis at hand.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served over 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."
Many of us consider our people to be Enova’s best perk. But to sweeten the deal, we also have a pretty awesome list of conventional (and less conventional) perks and benefits including competitive salaries, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, a revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!) summer hours, tuition reimbursement and a sabbatical program. And of course we also have the things you’d expect at a leading tech company in Chicago, such as the snacks, game room, onsite massages/barbers/nail technicians, monthly social events, and sporting sponsorships.
Our goal at Enova is to recruit, hire, develop and maintain a diverse workforce. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons and not discriminate in employment decisions by placing the most qualified person in each job, without regard to any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.