The Chicago Tribune Media Group is hiring three Fall Advertising Sales Intern to join our growing sales team! This team will have the opportunity to learn and develop real-world media advertising sales skills in the marketplace. Interns will have the ability to call on any size business and discuss with owners & Advertising agencies the benefits and opportunities of the Chicago Tribune Media Group portfolio of products, as well as special section initiatives.
Candidates will enjoy a strong team and fun culture while learning to sell advanced advertising products and experience client engagement. Interns will work closely within the current advertising staff alongside our largest territory of sales reps with the City Team. They will engage with multiple levels of sales reps within the whole organization to shadow, assist & help grow their business, establishing relationships organizationally.
This role also provides its candidates access to upper level management and potential career path opportunities in the future. The internship will culminate with a presentation created & given by the interns around the key-learnings and success to the Executive Director of Regional Advertising and the SVP of Sales.
The ideal candidate will be available to work 20-30 hours a week starting September 2018 with sales experience or education in advertising or media. This internship will last roughly 4 months and can be extended if scheduling allows.
**This is a paid internship with additional bonus structure available based on metrics.
- Work with small to medium size business owners and advertising agencies; over phone & in person meetings.
- Develop real world media advertising and sales skills.
- Exposure to the print & digital advertising mediums.
- Engage and work in collaboration various levels of the sales organization – including direct day to day contact with Team Lead, Sales Management & Executive Director of Regional.
- Job Shadowing & opportunity to work alongside existing sales staff to help influence & grow client revenue.
- Fun & exciting team atmosphere built around career path & coaching across various sales elements.
- Opportunities to develop professional relationships and engage with multiple Chicago Tribune departments.
- Internship culminates with a group presentation created & around the key-learnings and success to the Executive Director of Regional Advertising and the SVP of Sales.
- New business development through the Chicago Tribune Media Group portfolio of products.
- Maximize revenue generated from current business.
- Phone/email prospecting in addition to Face-to-Face client interaction.
- Direct to client conversation around the CTMG Portfolio & Special Sections.
- Assist with various levels of the sales process I.E. Proposal preparation, creative requests, & sales collateral.
- In-depth training and use of CRM systems.
- Assistance with selling digital advertising campaigns to upsell accounts.
- Limited post sale paperwork and internal completion.
- Interdepartmental follow-through.
- Some college preferred
- Interest in pursuing media/advertising sales
- Sales experience is required; media/advertising sales experience is preferred.
- Strong communications skills, in person and phone
- Team player
- Self-motivator, goal oriented
- Preference for vehicle access, as well as valid driver’s license.
- Strong computer skills
- Developed organizational skills