2019 Summer Interns- IT
TECHNOLOGY INTERNSHIP ROLES
Looking for an internship role in Summer 2019 and think you have what it takes to be a part of our team? Learn more about what we are looking for and apply if you have what it takes!
Echo’s summer internship program allows you the opportunity have on-the-job training to execute real world projects, interact with Senior Management/Executives, mentorship from leaders, and thrive in an environment and culture that listens to and welcomes your feedback. Echo is a high-energy organization with great enthusiasm, collaboration and is a lot of FUN to be a part of!
Spend your summer working within Echo’s Technology team! Echo recently ranked as the second-largest digital company by employee size in Chicago and we continue growing virtually all our technical teams. As part of our team, you will contribute to engineering of large-scale web-based applications to enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever-growing market.
Check out this "Why We Work at Echo" and our recent Logistics Excellence Award!
- Must be able to start June 3, 2019 (internship goes through August 9, 2019)
- Able to work daily at our downtown Chicago location (600 W Chicago Ave)
RESPONSIBLITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Design, develop, test, document and present new automated solutions to improve current or create new products and processes
- Work to develop one or several of our web-based product offerings
- Reduce build, deployment and configuration complexity for custom and third-party applications through automated solutions
- Carry out root-cause analysis on defects to ensure fixes are happening in the right way
- Troubleshoot legacy programming code written in multiple different languages
- Open to new ideas and encourages innovative practices amongst peers
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Paid internship, casual dress, team outings
- Help understand career opportunities by joining an industry leader for the summer
- Work with virtually all aspects and teams within Echo Technology
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Plan to learn a lot and have a lot of fun!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.