Internal Communications Manager
The Team: The Corporate Communications department is part of Morningstar’s Marketing & Communications team and is responsible for media relations, internal communications, and community outreach to support Morningstar’s mission and strengthen the company’s brand and reputation.
The Role: We’re looking for a passionate creator and idea generator, and a top-notch writer who can diagnose communication needs. As Internal Communications Manager, you’ll be focused on ensuring employees and candidates are excited about their careers at Morningstar and inspired by how they can contribute to our mission to help investors achieve their financial goals. You’ll also help others build competency at communicating with internal audiences. Our internal brand is strong, and elevating it further will help drive all aspects of our business. To achieve this, you’ll create and execute a number of programs and initiatives, from architecting and executing our employee ambassador program to promoting human resources programs including benefits, total rewards, and learning and development. This position offers a terrific opportunity for growth. It is based in Chicago.
- Develop, execute, and build calendar of strategic internal plans and programs to stir up excitement about and help improve Morningstar’s brand, culture, employee value proposition, employee technology, human resources programs, benefits, total rewards, and learning and development.
- Contribute engaging content to our intranet, the Pond, and serve as a social media guru.
- Bring a marketing mindset to our internal programs.
- Link Morningstar’s business objectives with internal plans and programs.
- Craft astute executive communication.
- Use employee engagement and other surveys to determine priorities.
- Serve as key member of Morningstar’s brand ambassador planning team and coordinate with key stakeholders on internal brand.
- Balance a large and varied workload while building excellent working relationships with business partners and teams across the company.
- Support the department’s ongoing and special projects as needed.
- Exceptional writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Superior leadership qualities; ability to take initiative as a roll-up-your-sleeves leader and “doer.”
- Employ a strategic approach to determining the right mix of communication channels
- Passion for Morningstar’s mission of creating great products that help investors reach their financial goals.
- Five to seven years of experience; experience promoting HR/benefits programs is preferred.
- Visual thinkers a plus; basic design skills, like PowerPoint or Adobe Creative Suite, are preferred.
- Ability to juggle many balls flawlessly and still meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, or related field.
- Brand Marketing
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Total Rewards
Technologies Supporting the Role
- Digital signage
- Enterprise social media
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.