About the Instructional Designer Role:
The Instructional Designer report to the Manager, Field Training and is a member of the Field Training team which is focused on enabling consultant to learn key business and selling skills to build their PC business. This role partners and works collaboratively with a variety of Subject Matter Experts in the research, development, and design of creative, effective training programs. He/she will work on strategic projects to improve our Pampered Chef Consultants
You will be responsible for the full instructional design and development cycle, and will also be responsible for using and recommending technology based tools to improve the instructional integrity of Pampered Chef learning materials. The Instructional Designer will work on designing curriculum, developing impactful content, implementation and measuring the impact.
As a member of the Field Strategy Team, you can expect:
- Design and develop performance-based learning curriculum and individual courses/modules for Pampered Chef Sales Consultants. Design interactive and engaging material to meet all learning objectives while applying instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Engage with the Manager, Field Training and subject matter experts to identify learning objectives by conducting needs assessments and audience analysis to identify learning goals, appropriate instructional strategies, and determine delivery method(s).
- Create project plans for design and development of performance-based learning curriculum and individual courses/modules. Communicate design decisions and strategies (e.g. design documents and training approach) to key partners within Field Training and the business. Ensures the instructional integrity of course development projects through systematic design and clear writing of scripts, narratives, and storyboards.
- Consult with marketing on course design and development and at times work on design and development themselves. Offer guidance into instructional techniques for either instructor-led, web-based, or video-based learning assets. Provide feedback and edits to marketing team as necessary.
- Develop learning assessments and/or tools to measure learning effectiveness. Assist in efforts to monitor and measure training and development program effectiveness.
- Ongoing management of content to effectively and quickly make continuous improvements to drive quality of content, relevant material, increased retention and change in performance. Including curating and organizing field developed material/training.
What we’re looking for in a new team member:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in instructional design and applying adult learning principles.
- Expertise in designing/scripting sales, leadership and product related training and in creating micro learning (bite sized) video based training.
- Proficient graphic design experience including expertise with design software such as illustrator, photoshop, premier and after effects a plus.
- Experience designing and working with extreme modalities (gaming, mobile learning, podcasting etc.) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication.
- Strong organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Be creative, proactive, independent, responsible and demonstrate a high level of drive and enthusiasm.
More about Pampered Chef:
We are a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants and a rapidly growing online business. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980 and today are part of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Now we’re leveraging our company’s strong foundation to reinvent our company and our brand for future growth. We’re searching for world class people to help reshape our company to deliver on our purpose of enriching lives one meal and one memory at a time.