At Kin, we’re looking for self-motivated thinkers ready to make a change for our customers. We value tackling challenges and breaking down walls – but being chill about it.
Kin Insurance is an insurtech startup that sells affordable, user-friendly homeowners insurance. Unlike many startups that gather users and figure out how to be profitable later, we are selling a product that homeowners need and depend on now. We’re innovating in an industry largely untouched by tech, so we are always thinking big.
We believe autonomy is key to job satisfaction, which is why we say the person closest to the problem should solve it. It’s also why we offer unlimited vacation time: we trust in our team to manage their own projects and time. If you want the chance to develop your skills, work with some of the best minds in the industry, and see what you’re really capable of, come learn and grow with us.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is growing! In order to meet our growth goals, we need to hire talented individuals all across the company, with a focus on technical talent. That’s where you come in. We’re looking to grow our people team with talented technical recruiters who will source, interview, extend offers, and manage the entire recruiting process. You’ll meet with department leaders to determine the best process and approach to find talent for their open positions and manage all the steps along the way.
Our employees are our greatest resource, we are looking for recruiters who can find and qualify the best individuals for our open roles quickly, and still maintain a high degree of professionalism and engagement with our candidates.
A day in the life could include:
- Meeting with hiring managers to determine requirements for open roles
- Building a sourcing strategy as well as an interview process, complete with interview questions, for each position
- Sourcing candidates from a variety of methods and systems
- Interviewing candidates, both on the phone and in person
- Running strategy and post interview meetings
- Extending offers to candidates and discussing offer details and benefit packages
- Assisting with on-boarding and new hires first days
- Creating employee engagement spotlights and assisting with employment branding efforts
I’ve got the skills...but do I have the necessary ones?
- 3+ years experience in a recruiting function, ideally handling a variety of technical positions and levels, simultaneously
- Comfortable talking ‘tech’ with candidates - you can speak about methodology, programming languages, and team projects well enough to impress them
- Direct experience engaging with hiring teams to set interview strategy and process
- Experience building and extending offers to candidates
- Ability to build pipelines for open positions outside of inbound applicants, the more creative you’re able to be, the better
- A passion for hiring great talent and helping the business invest in their people
- Strong attention to detail while managing multiple projects and tasks
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Being in the insurance industry we recognize the importance of comprehensive benefits for you and your family. That’s why we provide a variety of options and coverage levels to customize a plan that’s right for you.
Commuter Benefit Plans
Flex Spending Accounts
Company provided lunch several times a month
Rotating option of snacks, daily
Sodas, unlimited flavored waters, coffee
These are just some of the benefits and perks we provide!
Read Full Job Description