Talent Operations Manager
Meraki, a Cisco business unit, seeks an enthusiastic, organized, individual to support recruiting operations.
We know finding and keeping the best talent is getting more complicated. We have to be prepared for and thoughtful about this constantly shifting and competitive talent landscape. As our new Talent Operations Manager you will enable our talent teams' success by developing and maintaining the tools that craft a magnificent and engaging candidate experience. The most successful Talent Operations applicants have a real passion for data, process and people. You are creative and dedicated to scaling and innovating how we operate to help make our business more efficient and effective. We are proud of our team, and we are looking for a talented individual who cares deeply about employee effectiveness and happiness.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Recruiting and HR teams to plan programs and implement processes that drive a positive and seamless candidate experience
- Own vendor relationships, administration and contract negotiation for our critical tools (ex. LinkedIn, Greenhouse)
- Use data and metrics to find opportunities to improve our recruiting and retention processes. You will share your insights broadly to inform our business decisions.
- Lead the global immigration and relocation programs. Audit immigration requirements and anticipate shifts in the legislative landscape to provide guidance to the Senior Leadership team. Partner with the Legal, HR and Compensation teams to set guidelines and practices
- Work with Recruiting Teams, HR, Finance, Global Mobility and Legal to ensure all tools and processes are in compliance
Who You Are:
- Candid. You communicate broadly and often, providing clear purpose, direction, goals, and measures. You are straightforward and tell the truth, especially when it is difficult to do so. You actively solicit feedback about your own strengths and growth areas. When you are wrong, you own, share, and learn from your mistakes.
- Drive Results. You are resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our business results while never compromising customer, partner, and team relationships. You measure your success based on the success of the team. You know how your work connects with our goals and make thoughtful, timely decisions with that in mind. You hold people accountable and focus on work that drives our long-term success.
- Data and process obsessed. You take data seriously and want information that helps drive decision-making. You always have ideas on how something can be improved.
- Fiercely collaborative. You take an organization-level view and are equally invested in others' outcomes. You’re purposefully inclusive, pursue problems with the right teams, and bring a diversity of thought
What You Will Bring:
- 4+ years of HR, Recruiting or Operations experience
- Experience with implementing or running common software tools, with a preference for talent recruiting tools such as applicant tracking systems and LinkedIn
- Experience with immigration preferred
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.