Talent Acquisition & Development Manager
We are EXPANDING our People Operations team at our Home Office in Chicago, IL by adding a Talent Acquistion & Development Manager to oversee our hiring, onboarding and branding initiatives.
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
As a Talent Acquisition & Development Manager, you will develop, drive, and execute on the staffing strategies that support our Software Engineering, Product, IES and Business organizations. You will lead a team of staffing professionals. This individual will know how to manage, mentor, and guide a team of recruiters and/or sourcers through the entire recruiting life cycle while also working closely with our leaders to drive world class recruiting practices and strategy.
- Responsible for sourcing professional and director and above level positions.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and design hiring processes and plans based on deep linkage to the business needs.
- Determine current staffing needs and produce forecasts.
- Balance workload between the team and reassign resources per business needs.
- Take steps to ensure positive candidate experience through the recruitment process, as well as employee experience in the on boarding process for new hires.
- Lead Diversity hiring initiatives including through partnership with associations and increasing awareness Engage and support the team's efforts in hard-to-fill requisitions.
- Organize and/or attend career fairs, assessment centers or other events.
- Find bottlenecks in recruiting process and handle any barrier it the processes.
- Determine recruiting KPIs to create reports and identify areas for improvement Lead, supervise, evaluate and mentor members of recruiting team
- Identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies
- Compile, analyze and capture insights from data to support business decisions
- Define, design and implement recruiting programs for a variety of Software Engineering, Sales and Business positions. This includes understanding and mapping the talent landscape, internal calibration and referrals, and matching those data points with the external talent supply.
Training & Development:
- Oversee onboarding and orientation for all salaried exempt and non-exempt team members. Including the proper completion of new hire documents (I9, H1B, offer letters, etc...)
- Bridge the gap for the first 30 and 90 days within role with new hire focus groups and follow up trainings.
- Establish and maintain the evaluation and performance feedback process.
- Provide best hiring practices, interview skills to managers making hiring decisions.
- Determine KPI’s to create reports and identify areas of improvement.
- Hold biweekly and monthly team meetings as well as 1X1 with the team members
- Constantly keep the team's up to date with the relevant skills & knowledge to perform leading recruitment initiatives Serve as focal point for the business & HR Lead employment branding initiatives.
- Onboarding and training new recruiters
- Providing mentorship, guidance and career development to members of your team
- Ensuring recruiters and/or sourcers are managing to milestones and metrics
Community Involvement & Branding:
- Serve as an active member of our Culture Committee and ShipBob Gives Community Impact Committee.
- Manage our job boards and employee review platforms.
- Host and attend monthly/quarterly career fairs and meet ups.
- Partner with local schools and universities to present about ShipBob or interview skills.
- Attend events, preferably, sit on a board for an organization in representation of ShipBob.
- 8 years of recruiting experience with technical, sales and professional level positions.
- 4 years of team management experience.
- Proven experience as talent acquisition professional; building a team and metrics from scratch.
- Experience in leading recruitment team in a matrix management environment.
- In-depth knowledge of full recruitment cycle, including sourcing and employer branding techniques
- Understanding of all selection methods and techniques.
- Experience with Recruitment Marketing tools
- A leader, strategic thinker with problem-solving skills
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company's success
- Team player
At ShipBob, we believe in having the best of the best which comes from having a well-rounded team. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.