Senior Technology Recruiter
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
We are Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS), a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As one of the largest card issuers in the United States, we operate the Discover card, Americas first cash rewards credit card. Beyond our flagship credit business, Discover Bank subsidiary offers personal and student loans, home and home equity loans, online savings products, certificates of deposit and money market accounts.
We employ thousands of talented individuals around the world and together, create solutions that connect people to commerce in a more rewarding, more powerful way. We believe great ideas make tomorrow happen. Maybe the next one will be yours!
We are currently seeking an energetic, driven and innovative Sr. Recruiting Consultant to join our national Talent Acquisition team. The Sr. Recruiting Consultant will perform all recruitment activities involved in the staffing of positions for our Global Headquarters.
- Responsible for screening, recruiting, interviewing, and supporting the hiring of candidates.
- Establishes a strategic partnership with HR business partners and hiring managers to determine expectations and requirements for current and future open positions.
- Works with hiring manager to understand staffing needs and assists in developing sourcing strategies to meet those needs while ensuring reduced cycle time and cost per hire.
- Manages the identification and attraction of talent through the use of innovative tools and processes as well as through traditional methods of effective recruiting.
- Generates qualified, diverse candidates through cost-effective recruiting methods such as leveraging networks, sourcing passive candidates and utilizing the employee referral program.
- Conducts preliminary interviews and obtains feedback from management and candidates.
- Effectively creates and manages a great experience for every candidate; from the first contact, through the interview process, and ending with negotiating an offer.
- Recommends terms of offer to management and extends offers to candidates.
- Works with Recruiting Coordinators to ensure new hire documentation is processed accurately and timely.
- Prepares and submits staffing activity and other reports to management.
- Identifies and communicates hiring trends to clients, staffing and recruiting management.
- Participates in maintaining and monitoring vendor relationships and makes vendor recommendations to management as needed.
- Supports all automation processes as required.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
At a minimum, heres what we need from you:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, or a business-related field
- 5+ years of experience in Recruiting in either a corporate or an agency setting
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Recruiting, HR Consulting, Operations Management
If we had our say, wed also look for:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other business related software including resume tracking databases
- Experience recruiting in a financial services environment preferred
- AIRS or SHRM certification preferred.
- Strong technical, full cycle recruiting experience
- Ability to fluently manage the full recruitment life cycle for 30 plus positions of varying complexity simultaneously.
- Technical knowledge of cutting-edge recruiting techniques.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguous, confidential and sensitive situations and issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding expectations in a results measured environment
- Solid knowledge of HR policies and practices, all areas of recruiting and of employment laws and regulations.
- Solid knowledge of the organization’s practices and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and consulting skills. Ability to partner with senior level management and consult them on all aspects of the recruitment process
- Past experience building a strong professional network that can be leveraged during the recruitment process
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!