Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Chicago, IL, Pangea started with the mission of making money transfer simple, fair and safe. Since then, we have grown to offer additional products and services to help the underbanked have access and financial independence.
As Pangeans, we value introspection, accountability, empowerment, excellence, and above all, kindness. We believe in a fierce dedication to customer experience. We know that diversity is the key to innovation and creativity. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you’re a great fit for our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Pangea HR team is a small, cross-functional group that collaborates with department leaders on a regular basis and proactively identifies the organization's needs. Reporting into the head of HR, you will be responsible for finding top talent to join our team. You will be own the full-cycle recruiting process from kicking-off positions with hiring managers, to finding innovative ways to source candidates and shepherding them through their interview process. You will be expected to quickly fill open roles and regularly report on your success. As a member of the HR team, you will also be asked to jump in on projects like recruitment event strategy, employer branding initiatives, and social events.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of delivering high-quality talent at all levels while guiding hiring teams and candidates through a fast and efficient process. You have a natural ability to build trust with hiring managers and candidates and are motivated by a fast pasted environment.
- Scale our teams by managing the full-cycle recruiting process
- Locate top talent via various social media, job boards, hiring events, and other creative methods
- Create intriguing and inspiring messaging of Pangea’s mission and innovation to attract passive candidates
- Develop meaningful relationships with candidates, ensuring prompt and timely communication that creates the best experience possible
- Provide proactive and thorough updates to hiring managers through the recruitment process
- Continuously strive to improve recruiting processes
- Maintain meticulous data via our ATS, Google Hire
- Help define ongoing recruitment strategies across Pangea as well as provide feedback and recommendations to improve day-to-day recruiting operations
- Continuously grow a pipeline and network for future needs, staying up to date with relevant industry and technology trends
- Attend industry events as a brand ambassador for Pangea as an employer
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience recruiting in a tech start-up environment
- A proven track record for sourcing and closing passive candidates in the Chicago area
- Experience negotiating and closing candidate offers
- Strong organization skills and self-starter mentality
- Ability to thrive and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships with business leaders
- Experience supporting senior/executive level roles
Pangea is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description